This might come as a surprise but…you are a trendsetter. If you didn’t already know, let me be the first one to give you the good news! Don’t get me wrong, the celebrities, musicians, and bloggers whos’ style some immolate are trendsetters, too. But what makes them any more of a trendsetter than you?
Their bank account. Who says you have to be wearing a $350 dollar t-shirt to be a trendsetter?
Their social media presence? Contrary to others opinion, you don’t need millions of followers to set trends. There are other ways!
I can go over a mile long list of excuses but the truth is two things separate us from you. Confidence and fearlessness. They have the confidence to wear it. Along with the fearlessness of not giving a shit what we think about it. That’s it! Sounds simple enough, right?
Let me break it down for you. Following trends and maximizing the trendsetter in you will be too easy with these tips.…
When it comes to following trends…
- Wear one trend at a time – too many trends at once screams, “Please think I’m cool!”
- Make it your own –
- Don’t copy, get inspired – I don’t know about you but who likes a copycat?? I’ll wait. Exactly! Let the styles that you see on tv, videos, and social media inspire you. Don’t let it make you want to become an exact replica. Putting a pink rinse on your hair is one thing. But having surgery to make your ears flat like theirs…come on now!
- Accept that all trends aren’t for you. Just because someone said it’s a “thing” doesn’t mean it has to be your thing! Clear vinyl tops and skirts are a thing too, but you won’t catch me in one. Just saying…
When you want to show off the trendsetter in you…
- This is YOUR style trend. No one else has to like it.
- Be realistic. If receiving title of “top trendsetter” is your goal than you have to know that wearing a fake peacock on a headband won’t go far.
- Embrace your crazy – Not peacock on the headband crazy. But just because your squad didn’t run out to buy the same thing, doesn’t mean it isn’t trendsetting. Don’t be afraid to try something different.
- Don’t overthink it. Fashion and style is supposed to be fun. Something that makes you feel good. It you put it on and it feels good to you…then go with it!
- Fake it tip you make it. Confidence is and always will be key. But that doesn’t mean that there aren’t times when you wear something and think, “is this a good look?”. Be happy with your style choice and wear it confidence. But in the meantime remember that the key to faking confidence…a smile.
Now go out there and set some trends! How do you show off the trendsetter in you? Which of these tips do you find most useful? Let me know in the comments…
Stay Fearless 💋